DAY 1 ARUSHA
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport Arusha where you’ll be met by your safari guides and transferred to the hotel in town.
DAY 2 ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK
Morning excursion to nearby Arusha National Park exploring montane forests in search of black-and-white colobus and Sykes monkeys. After a picnic lunch on the slopes of Mount Meru, we return to the hotel.
Arusha Hotel (B,L,D)
DAY 3 LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
This morning we drive to Mto Wa Mbu and visit the village before ascending the wall of the Great Rift Valley to our camp for lunch. After lunch, we descend to Lake Manyara National Park for an afternoon game drive.
Kirurumu Tented Camp (B,L,D)
DAYS 4 & 5 NGORONGORO CRATER
After breakfast, we drive to the Ngorongoro Crater, the earth’s largest unbroken caldera. A veritable “Garden of Eden”, the crater is reputed to contain the highest density of carnivores, which includes cheetah, leopard, and large pride of lion. This is the only place in East Africa where one can easily observe a natural population of black rhino.
Ngorongoro Farm House (B,L,D)
DAYS 6–8 OLDUPAI GORGE / SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
Today we drive to Tanzania’s most renowned national park and home to the world’s greatest concentration of large mammals, the Serengeti. En-route we visit Oldupai Gorge, where the Leakey family discovered one of the most important prehistoric archaeological sites on earth. After viewing the gorge and listening to an interpretive presentation, we continue to the Serengeti Plains, arriving in the late afternoon. We spend the next three nights in our private mobile tented camp situated near the migrating herds of wildebeest and zebra. Morning and afternoon game drives each day.
Serengeti Serena Lodge(BLD)
DAY 9 ARUSHA
After our morning game drive, we fly back to Arusha, where dayrooms await us at the Arusha Hotel. We enjoy shopping and a farewell dinner before returning to the airport for our connecting flight. (B,L,D)
- TRANSPORT IN 4X4 TOYOTA LAND CRUISERS WITH POP UP ROOF FOR GAME VIEWING.
- PARK ENTRY FEES
- GOVERNMENT FEES & TAXES
- 18% VAT ON TOUR FEES & SERVICES
- FULL BOARD ACCOMMODATION WHILST ON SAFARI IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED SUITE TENTED CAMPS AND LODGES
- NGORONGORO CRATER SERVICE FEE
- PRIVATE ENGLISH SPEAKING SAFARI GUIDE
- ALL MEALS WHILE ON SAFARI.
- ENOUGH BOTTLED MINERAL WATER THROUGHOUT THE SAFARI
- TRANSFERS TO & FROM THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND MOSHI.
- 3 MEN TENTS FOR 2, CHAIRS, TABLES AND SLEEPING MATS (CAMPING SAFARI)
- PRE/POST SAFARI ACCOMMODATION IN MOSHI / ARUSHA
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, SODAS AND ITEMS OF A PERSONAL NATURE
- LAUNDRY SERVICE
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
- OTHER SAFARI ADD-ONS
- OPTIONAL TOURS (BALLOON RIDES AT SERENGETI USD. 550 PER PERSON ETC)
- TIPS TO THE DRIVER GUIDE AND COOK. TIPPING IS PER GROUP (NOT PER PERSON)
- DRIVER GUIDE: $20/DAY
- COOK: $10/DAY (FOR BUDGET CAMPING SAFARI)