DAY 1 – ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA
- NON GAME-VIEWING TRAVEL TIME: 3 ½ HOURS
- DISTANCE: 203 KM
Meet our professional tours guide/driver in Moshi town, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which, we travel to the Lake Manyara National Park. We arrive in time for lunch at the lodge. After lunch we head into the Lake Manyara National Park. This impressive park is one of Tanzania’s most dramatically located wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park) at the foot of the Great Rift Valley’s western escarpment.
The park’s varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africa’s largest concentrations of elephants, Manyara’s famous tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos attracted by the algae in the lake. Dinner and overnight as per the standard and type of accommodation option requested.
DAY 2 – LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK – NGORONGORO CRATER BACK TO ARUSHA
- NON GAME-VIEWING TRAVEL TIME: 2 & 5 HOURS
- DISTANCE: 60KM & 273 KM
After breakfast we descend 600m into this magnificent crater for a morning, half-day game drive. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the most densely crowded African wildlife areas in the world and is home to an estimated 30,000 animals including some of Tanzania’s last remaining black rhino.
Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is the dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot.
We will enjoy a picnic lunch in the crater, after which we travel back to Arusha where we will end our African safari adventure.
You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our safari packages services.
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned suite tented camps and lodges
- Ngorongoro Crater service fee
- Private English speaking safari guide
- All meals while on safari.
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi.
- 3 Men Tents for 2, chairs, tables and sleeping mats (camping safari)
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Laundry Service
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Optional Tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD. 550 per person etc)
- Tips to the driver guide and cook. Tipping is per group (not per person)
- Driver guide: $20/day
- Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)