YOU CAN OPT ONE OF THESE NATIONAL PARKS FOR YOUR 1 DAY SAFARI TRIP WITH US, NAMELY “ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK” OR “TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK”.
ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK
- NON GAME-VIEWING TRAVEL TIME: 1 HOUR
- DISTANCE: 60 KM
After breakfast you are met by our professional tour guide/driver, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel east to the Arusha National Park. This small but beautiful Tanzanian National Park is the closest national park to both the famous Arusha “safari town” (30 km) as well as the Kilimanjaro International Airport, thus making it ideal for 1-day safaris or tours. Not only is the animal life in the park abundant, but it is also one of the most beautiful and topographically varied parks in Tanzania.
The park’s three most significant features
Include the rugged Mount Meru (Tanzania’s second highest peak at 4566m), the notably different coloured Momela Lakes, and the 3km wide Ngurdoto Crater, which was formed about fifteen million years ago! We will enjoy lunch at the Momela wildlife lodge and do an exciting morning game drive and afternoon game drive, visiting both the Momela Lakes and the Ngurdoto Crater.
Wildlife which could be seen include African buffalos, elephants, hippos, giraffe, warthogs, antelopes, zebras, blue monkeys and sometimes a rare leopard or hyena. Late afternoon we depart for Arusha where we will end our safari adventure.
The group should tip the tours guide around $20 for the day. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our tour package services.
TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK
- NON GAME-VIEWING TRAVEL TIME: 4 HOURS
- DISTANCE: 240 KMs
After breakfast you are met by our professional tour guide/driver, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel east to the Tarangire National Park. The park runs along the line of the Tarangire River and is mainly made up of low-lying hills on the Great Rift Valley floor. Its natural vegetation mainly consists of Acacia woodland and giant African Baobab trees, with huge swamp areas in the south. Both the river and the swamps act like a magnet for wild animals, during Tanzania’s dry season.
The Tarangire National Park is reputed to contain some of the largest elephant herds in Africa. We will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do two exciting morning and afternoon game drives, along the Tarangire River. Late afternoon we depart forMoshi where we will end our safari adventure.
You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our tour packages services.
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned suite tented camps and lodges
- Ngorongoro Crater service fee
- Private English speaking safari guide
- All meals while on safari.
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi.
- 3 Men Tents for 2, chairs, tables and sleeping mats (camping safari)
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Laundry Service
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Optional Tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD. 550 per person etc)
- Tips to the driver guide and cook. Tipping is per group (not per person)
- Driver guide: $20/day
- Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)