Climb the “Roof of Africa”, on Mt Kilimanjaro, trek with the Masai through their ancestral land or explore the unique flora and fauna of the untouched rainforests. Trekking is the best way to experience the wonders of the stunning mountainous areas of Tanzania and to absorb the wonderful nature and beautiful views.
Whether you set foot on the summits of Tanzania’s highest mountains or just walk through the lush forests on the lower slopes for a few hours – trekking in this country offers something for everyone. Volcanoes, high plateaus and mountain ranges, lakes and craters offer superb possibilities for short hikes or long treks.
The name itself is a mystery wreathed in clouds. It might mean Mountain of Light, Mountain of Greatness or Mountain of Caravans. Or it might not. The local people, the Wachagga, don’t even have a name for the whole massif, only Kipoo (now known as Kibo) for the familiar snowy peak that stands imperious, overseer of the continent, the summit of Africa. Park size: 755 sq km (292 sq miles).
Kilimanjaro, by any name, is a metaphor for the compelling beauty of East Africa. When you see it, you understand why. Not only is this the highest peak on the African continent; it is also the tallest free-standing mountain in the world, rising in breathtaking isolation from the surrounding coastal scrubland – elevation around 900 meters – to an imperious 5,895 meters (19,336 feet).
Size: 1668 sq km 641 sq miles).
Location: Northern Tanzania, near the town of Moshi.
- 128 km (80 miles) from Arusha.
- About one hour’s drive from Kilimanjaro airport.
- Six usual trekking routes to the summit and other more-demanding mountaineering routes.
- Day or overnight hikes on the Shira plateau. Nature trails on the lower reaches.
- Trout fishing.
- Visit the beautiful Chala crater lake on the mountain’s southeastern slopes.
- Climb slowly to increase your acclimatisation time and maximise your chances of reaching the summit.
- To avoid altitude sickness, allow a minimum of five nights, preferably even more for the climb. Take your time and enjoy the beauty of the mountain.
Welcome to Masai Warrior Adventures, our company has a team of experienced, caring and dedicated guides. All of them are native and therefore knows how to guide travelers to the natural beauty and wildlife of their native country. They have taken naturalist courses and are excellent game spotters. All our vehicles are custom-made for safaris to withstand the harsh terrain while offering game-viewing comfort. In addition they are fitted with HF radio communications and all passengers are a guarantee,d window seats.
No-hassle best price guarantee
Customer care available 24/7
Hand-picked Tours & Activities
We are an expert team